The Seven Miracles of Mindfulness:
by Thich Nhat Hanh
1. To be present and to touch deeply our surroundings, including the blue sky, a blade of grass, or a loved one's smile.
2. To be able to be aware of our surroundings, so we can see the sky, the grass, and our loved ones more deeply.
3. To nourish the object of your attention with your full awareness.
4. To relieve others' suffering.
5. To look deeply into the true nature of self and others.
6. Understanding ~ if we're mindful of the present moment, we can see deeply and things become clear. With understanding, the desire to relieve suffering and give love will awaken within us.
7. Transformation ~ with mindfulness, we touch the healing and refreshing aspects of life in us and around us and begin to transform the suffering in ourselves and in the world.
Posted by laure at 10:18 AM