12/29/15

signs, symbols and omens:

Pay close attention to the animals that are appearing in your life, whether they show up out of the blue or often - they are communicating with you. They carry important messages. This year I moved from an acre of wildlife wilderness on the Willamette river to an urban setting with concrete surroundings instead of dirt, water, sky, tree's, seals, bald eagles and birds. I am blessed to have a very small square terrace that came with my new digs. I didn't expect this new chapter of my life to be about nature, especially after departing the most beautiful natural surroundings imaginable. But oh what a wonderful surprise - I am sharing my tiny, terraced space with an abundance of hummingbirds! Lots and lots of hummingbirds - way more than I experienced living on the river. In animal totem, spiritual symbolism and language, here's what these beautiful creatures are here to teach me:
Hummingbird
"Sorrow and worry have no place in your life, as Hummingbird’s message is one of absolute joy. The hummingbird’s darting movements, flashes of brilliant reds and greens, and unmistakable whirring sound are all guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of even the most stern and unfriendly people. As a totem, the Hummingbird also symbolizes accomplishing your goals, but having the proper amount of rest to do so. If life has been difficult lately, know that joy is flying your way. The Hummingbird’s cycle of power is daytime."