9/2/15

Bobbie Sue Redmond
aka "angel"
6/11/04' - 9/2/14'
One year ago today, my dog, my beautiful dog Bobbie died in my arms. 
Bobbie literally saved my life, she kept me alive through her profound presence. We were originally a pack of six, but during the last two years of her life we had become a pack of two. Neither she nor I had the tools to manage this at first, we were deeply sad and depressed. But each day, each night, each moment, we would look at each other and know that we had to create a new normal, a new way to navigate life. 
And we did ... eventually.
It has been so hard not to have her next to me this last year, especially as my own life has changed in so many ways. I have thought of her every day, every night, often. 
I miss her so much that it physically hurts.
But what has kept me going is her indomitable spirit!
I feel her, she comes to me in different ways - there is no denying her visitations, they comfort me at the deepest level and I say, "hi angel, I'm so glad you're here!".
I needed to mourn and grieve her absence for a full year, it was my own way of sitting shiva.
Today, I pay tribute to Bobbie Sue, my angel, who continues to strengthen me.
I remember her with so much love and gratitude ...
"Grief is a matter of the heart and soul. Grieve your loss, allow it in, and spend time with it. Suffering is the optional part. Love never dies, and spirit knows no less"
~ Louise Hay