“What advice would you give to your parents?”
(Answers from an Austin, Texas middle school class):
1. Be more spontaneous!
2. Don’t worry. The kids are all right!
3. Give us better lunches
4. Help us with optimistic, sincere advice
5. You’re doing a great job
6. Follow through on threats
7. Take me seriously
8. You were young and stupid like me once, don’t forget
9. Let me fly
10. I want to figure out who I am without you
11. Offer help, don’t force help
12. Explain why you’re angry
13. Ask me if I need to be left alone or if I need help
14. My life isn’t easier than yours!
15. Don’t get caught up in assumptions that aren’t true
16. Tell me what you were like when you were a kid
Posted by laure at 10:13 AM